Project LocationNewmill, Shotts, Scotland
HMP Shotts is a new build maximum prison in Scotland’s country side. The construction is to be done in 2 phases.
Phase one is to hold up to 500 inmates. On completion of phase 1 phase 2 will begin. On finishing the whole project the old existing prison is to be demolished.
Phase 1 has now been completed, Phase 2 is being carried out with a different company.
- Firesealant 300 was used in internal block work joint where fire integrity was required.
- Stayseal np 75 was used in all cell areas due to it being a NON PICK material.
- Antipick 109 was used in all corridors around lighting, riser doors, floor perimeters.
- Silicone s50 was used in the kitchen areas due to its mould resistance .
- Hybriflex FL was used in an internal floor slab to seal saw cuts.