Fire Sealant 300 Intumescent
Intumescent & Acoustic Sealant
DescriptionFIRE SEALANT 300 is a five hour rated, one part, emulsion acrylic based, intumescent sealant that gives a firm yet flexible seal to joints in a variety of fire rated structures. Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No.181967 (May 2009) The product, in suitably designed joints will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours. The selected fillers used in this formulation also make it suitable for use as an acoustic sealant.
- Tested to BS EN 1366-4 : 2006
- When exposed to heat, it swells greater than 3 x it’s original size, so creating a char that will resist the passage of fire for up to 5 hours.
- No priming required for most construction substrates.
- Joint movement capability of +/- 12.5%.
- For use in joints up to 50mm wide.
- Halogen free.
- Non slump – easy to apply and tool off.
- Fast cure – tack free in 15 minutes.
- Over paintable.
- Excellent acoustic properties for sound deadening –average noise reduction of 38db(100-3150Hz).
Sealing joints, voids and irregular holes in fire walls, partitions and other structures; also for maintaining the integrity of pipes and cables that penetrate them.
For internal perimeter pointing of fire rated door and window frames.
- Tested in accordance with BS EN 1366-4:2006 as detailed in Warrington Fire Research Report No. 181967 (May 2009).
- Acoustic rated to BS EN ISO 140/3:2005
- Tested for Air permeability to EN13141-1 Ventilation for buildings. Performance testing of components/products for residential ventilation.
MSDS & Technical Datasheets
Available in380ml Cartridges and 600ml Foil Packs in the following colours: